Brazilian Symposium on Multimedia and the Web
Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil – 05 to 08 October 2010 (co-located with SBSC, IHC, SBBD)
We cordially invite you to participate in WebMedia 2010, the 16th Brazilian Symposium on Multimedia and the Web, which will be held in October 05-08, 2010, in the city of Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil.
Supported by the Brazilian Computer Society (SBC), WebMedia has been, since 1995, the most important Brazilian forum for presentations, tutorials and discussions concerning recent advances in research and technology related to Multimedia, Hypermedia and the Web, bringing together professionals from both the academia and industry.
In 2010, WebMedia will be co-located with three other major events, SBSC 2010 (Brazilian Symposium on Collaborative Systems), IHC 2010 (Brazilian Symposium on Human-Computer Interaction) and SBBD (Brazilian Symposium on Databases), promoting a unique environment for discussion and cooperation among those communities.
Topics and technologies relevant to the Symposium include, but are not limited to:
- Browsers, user interfaces, and presentation engines
- Content creation, analysis, storage, and distribution
- Digital libraries
- Digital TV, HDTV and Interactive TV
- Document engineering, including authoring, analyzing, editing and user interface
- Document standards, models, and representation languages
- Document synchronization and temporal aspects
- Internet multimedia services (IPTV, VoIP, etc.)
- Mobile and pervasive/ubiquitous computing
- Multimedia and Web architecture, services, and applications
- Multimedia databases, storage and information retrieval
- Multimedia networking and QoS
- Multimedia operating systems
- Multimedia signal processing and coding
- Peer-to-peer multimedia systems and streaming
- Performance and reliability metrics and evaluation methods
- Security, privacy, and reliability
- Semantic Web
- Web 2.0 applications
- Web accessibility
- Web engineering
- Web services
- XML and metadata
This year, the event will again hold the following categories:
- Full Papers
- Short Papers
- Workshop on Theses and Dissertations (WTD)
- Workshop on Tools and Applications (WFA)
- Workshop on Undergraduate Research Work (WTIC)
- Workshop on Interactive Digital TV (WTVDI)
- Short Courses
- May 7, 2010 – Full paper deadline
- June 21, 2010 – Author notification
- July 19, 2010 – Camera-ready version
- July 05, 2010 – Short paper deadline
- July 26, 2010 – Author notification
- August 9, 2010 – Camera-ready version
- July 05, 2010 – Short paper deadline
- August 2, 2010 – Author notification
- August 10, 2010 – Camera-ready version
- May 10, 2010 – Proposal – extended deadline
- Jun 6, 2010 Author notification
- August 6, 2010 – Camera-ready version
Short and Full Paper Submission
Authors are invited to submit research papers presenting original, previously unpublished work and that have not been simultaneously submitted to any other forum (conference or journal).
Papers can be written in English, Portuguese or Spanish, and should be formatted according to the ACM template.
Full-Papers must have up to eight pages, and should report substantial research supported by complete results. Short-Papers must have up to four pages and should describe ongoing work and contain partial results.
The program committee strongly recommend that authors consider including, in your submissions (of both full and short papers) citations to papers published in previous editions of Webmedia, particularly citations to other authors’ works (i.e., not self-citations), provided they are suitable and relevant to the present work.
Papers should be submitted, in PDF format, to JEMS
At least one author of each accepted paper is required to register and attend the conference to present the accepted paper.
- General Chair: Eduardo Barrére (UFJF, Brazil)
- Program Committee Chairs: Jussara Marques de Almeida (UFMG, Brazil) and Mário Meireles Teixeira (UFMA, Brazil)
- Short Courses Chair: Adriano Pereira (CEFET-MG, Brazil)
- Workshop on Theses and Dissertations (WTD) Chair: Graça Bressan (LARC-POLI-USP, Brazil)
- Workshop on Tools and Applications (WFA) Chair: Rudinei Goularte (ICMC-USP, Brazil)
- Workshop on Undergraduate Research Work (WTIC) Chair: Carlos Ferraz (UFPE, Brazil)
- Workshop on Interactive Digital TV (WTVDI) Chair: Marcelo Moreno (PUC-RIO, Brazil)